Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What does a person do in a reserve work ina office?

whats the pros about being in the reserves and whats the con? and how can someone work close to home in a base? and do they travel once a year only? for air force or military etc|||I'm a reservist and I like it. I like about 25 minutes away from the base I drill at. You have to drill 1 weekend per month and 2 weeks out of the year, which means you go on base one weekend a month to do your job and for an additional 2 weeks, you are activated. You generally spend that time working full time at your command or at a school for training. Sometimes, if your command has the funds and you request it early enough, you can go somewhere cool. I really enjoy it....I've learned a lot and I'll probably reenlist when my time is up! If you need anything at all, let me know!|||Well being a Reservist one can be called up to active duty individually as opposed to a National Guardsmne they whole unit has to be called up. The reserves generally give pretty good college tution benefits plus you get the G.I. bill which is about $330 a month just for going to school.





The base you are assigned to will depend on your MOS and where it is needed at, so you might be close to home and you might not it just depends, but you shouldn't be to far.





Now the Reserves don't have combat arms MOS's anymore the National Gurad oes. Generally reservist travel just once a year unless they are called up for duty for something.





There are fewer Airforce Reserve bases as opposed to Army. The work can vary it can be handling medical forms to mainting personnel files.

No comments:

Post a Comment